Rock Climbing Photo Shoot
I went to a cliff this past weekend with some friends who are rock climbers, to see if I could get a few good shots.
It was a difficult shoot! For one, I hate heights, yet I had to climb down this very steep rock-strewn trail to get to the bottom of the cliff, in order to take photos shooting up the cliff at the climbers.
The only equipment I brought was my Nikon D70s with my telephoto/macro lens. I was very careful carrying it around the rocks, but it still got a good ding on the side when I was hiking. I'm hoping I haven't knocked anything out of whack inside.
Ended up getting a few good shots of hands and fingers. The climbers wanted me to tie in and climb up myself so that I could take photos of them while they were on the cliff face, but I'm not that brave! Maybe next time...
Photo credits: Ceegunn.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget