Rock Climbing Photo Shoot
I went to a cliff this past weekend with some friends who are rock climbers, to see if I could get a few good shots.
It was a difficult shoot! For one, I hate heights, yet I had to climb down this very steep rock-strewn trail to get to the bottom of the cliff, in order to take photos shooting up the cliff at the climbers.
The only equipment I brought was my Nikon D70s with my telephoto/macro lens. I was very careful carrying it around the rocks, but it still got a good ding on the side when I was hiking. I'm hoping I haven't knocked anything out of whack inside.
Ended up getting a few good shots of hands and fingers. The climbers wanted me to tie in and climb up myself so that I could take photos of them while they were on the cliff face, but I'm not that brave! Maybe next time...
Photo credits: Ceegunn.
All about color
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success