Rock Climbing Photo Shoot
I went to a cliff this past weekend with some friends who are rock climbers, to see if I could get a few good shots.
It was a difficult shoot! For one, I hate heights, yet I had to climb down this very steep rock-strewn trail to get to the bottom of the cliff, in order to take photos shooting up the cliff at the climbers.
The only equipment I brought was my Nikon D70s with my telephoto/macro lens. I was very careful carrying it around the rocks, but it still got a good ding on the side when I was hiking. I'm hoping I haven't knocked anything out of whack inside.
Ended up getting a few good shots of hands and fingers. The climbers wanted me to tie in and climb up myself so that I could take photos of them while they were on the cliff face, but I'm not that brave! Maybe next time...
Photo credits: Ceegunn.
How to shoot events
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop