The rusty charm of the broken stuff - Dreamstime
There are plenty of pretty photos at DT: Monumental buildings, nice flowers, delicious tomatoes, lovely landscapes, cute dogs "smiling" into the camera...
But what about the old destroyed stuff? Everything which exists will be dismantled or will get broken - it's just a matter of time. Photos of demolished things are not pretty, but they show something which many people eliminate from their memories: The transient nature of our world.
Such photos have a harsh charm of their own. And the broken house against the blue sky was my first sale at DT nearly two years ago.
Photo credits: Jdanne.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone