The rusty charm of the broken stuff
There are plenty of pretty photos at DT: Monumental buildings, nice flowers, delicious tomatoes, lovely landscapes, cute dogs "smiling" into the camera...
But what about the old destroyed stuff? Everything which exists will be dismantled or will get broken - it's just a matter of time. Photos of demolished things are not pretty, but they show something which many people eliminate from their memories: The transient nature of our world.
Such photos have a harsh charm of their own. And the broken house against the blue sky was my first sale at DT nearly two years ago.
Photo credits: Jdanne.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings