It's blueberry season in Michigan!
It is blueberry season in Michigan USA, and this year the cool nights and lots of rain has produced a bumper crop of the sweetest, largest blueberries I have ever seen. Picking at a friends Blueberry farm last week was so much fun with my beautiful granddaughter, but we joked that she should have been weighed before she started picking and then later on after, as I think at least a pound went into her mouth before it ever made it into her basket!
Michigan is such a wonderful spot for fresh produce, as we are right along the shores of Lake Michigan, one of the largest freshwater lakes in the USA.
The cool air off the lake and the odd weather pattern produces wonderful crops, especially for grapes, apples, blueberries, cherries and peaches.
Wineries are all over our area, and all summer long we have fun sampling wine, listening to live music on weekends, and viewing art in the vineyard.
I highly recommend visiting southwest Michigan USA!
Photo credits: Susan Sheldon.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite