Sad news stories from Japan and Libya .
I am really distressed by the sad events of Japan, the tsunami and the 'radioactive cloud' hanging over it. My thoughts are with all those families who have lost loved ones and lost their homes and businesses. As photographers on Dreamstime we have to think how to illustrate these sad news stories without being able to fly to the scene of the disaster. Here is my take on the Japanese situation, first the tsunami, then a map showing Fukishima where the reactors have been out of control then an image summarizing the nuclear power debate.
This week all eyes have switched to Libya and I just thought a reference map showing its position on the Mediterranean Sea and the names of surrounding countries might be useful in newspaper articles.
Again my condolences to all those affected by these sad events.
Photo credits: David Watmough.
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs
- Tip of the week: 8 GIMP newbie tips
- Why I love Norfolk