Safari in Kenya
I was in Kenya for the winter holidays of New Year and I must say that was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever visited.
Here you can see up close many animals that live free in the bush: crocodiles, giraffes, baboons, eagles, cheetahs, leopards, lions, ostriches, warthogs, hippos and many more!
I personally had only my compact camera (a Canon G9), but I was able to take good pictures.
However I recommend, for those who own an SLR, a 400mm telephoto lens, but also a wide-angle (for the elephants who eat the grass by the roadside to 2 meters from your jeep!)
Do not miss the occasion to visit the village of the indigenous Africans, called Masai. In reality it is a very touristic place where they try to sell all they can... but you can do a lot of interesting photos, including children and their homes of mud and straw.
Photo credits: Marco Lijoi.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget