Safety and you
That was my first reaction when I was asked to write a poetry for a competition that was held for the forthcoming National Safety day. Incidentally that is tomorrow (the 4th of March)
The fact is that I had never written a poetry in my life. Was only impressed by some like “Charge of the Light Brigade” and “Daffodils” which we had to learn at school.
But there is always a first time, and I thought why not give it a try.
So within 24 hours (which was the deadline given to me) I managed to pen down a few lines.
I was not very happy with the result but this is it:
(Am open for criticism and suggestions from our learned bards)
To make this Year
A year without fear
We just have to be wise
And follow the simple advise
By making safety our prime factor
And not repenting the day after
If you want your ten toes to be intact
Safety shoes will take all the impact
Safety goggles will not put you in a plight
To avoid things that plummet
Safe guard your head with a helmet
When it comes to high levels of decibel
Ear plugs will not make your eardrums rebel
Protect them with safety gloves, I say
Always drive with the seat belt
And the impact will never be felt
Use the helmet at the right place
And your smile will be full of grace
So let us all follow the rules of safety
And enjoy this world which is a real beauty.
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to