Scoop of Green Peas - 1000th Picture in My Portfolio
Yesterday, I reached 1000 pictures in my Dreamstime portfolio with a scoop of green peas image. It feels like just a few days ago I was shooting quite different picture of the same peas germinating.
I would love to shoot more in my garden, but a stormy spring in Colorado with a lot of hail was not very kind for my plants. Even these green pea pods needed some Photoshop work to remove spots due to hail damage.
19 months in microstock, 1000 pictures with Dreamstime, and just reaching my 7th payout. Not bad! However, the growth of my Dreamstime portfolio slowed down significantly during last few months. My effective acceptance rate dropped down below 50%, i.e., I am submitting selected pictures only, and only 60-70% of them are accepted. In my blog Pixels Away I am discussing further this issue and, also, compare my Dreamstime portfolio to some other microstock agencies.
Photo credits: Marek Uliasz.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror