In search of good food Benaras - Part 1
"Benaras is older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together!" - Mark Twain
Ever wonder,what did it took Mark Twain to write this ? Well, not unless you have been to Benaras/Kashi/Varanasi.The welcome that you get the main railway station is no indication of what is in store for you.
Each evening, Devotees gather at the "dasaswamedh ghat" to watch the Ganga aarti, which generally takes place at 6:30 PM. Unlike Haridwar where you have a a huge no of tourists and you jostle for space,Its much calmer here in Benares.
Talking about food, the staple breakfast consists of Kachori-Sabzi with Jalebi. Unlike other parts of India, Kachori here resembles more of a Puri and Khasta is what we call kachori in other parts of the country
Do not miss out the tea in the earthen pot(kullad).These are use and throw kullads, which are broken after the first use. The taste if the tea in those is pure ecstasy.
For the complete blog, please follow this link
Photo credits: Gaurav Masand.
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite