In search of Good Food-Visit to Amritsar,Part-2
For the first part, pls visit this link.
With these words, we enter the community kitchen(langar) at the Golden temple complex,Amritsar,Punjab,India.
The Lord himself is the farm Himself is the farmer Himself he grows and grinds the corn
Himself he cooks Himself he places in on a platter And Himself he eats too
Himself is the water Himself the toothpick Himself he offers a handful of water
Himself he calls the men to eat Himself he bids them off
The Lord is merciful He makes him walk in his will
Anyone can eat for free here, and many, many people do. On a weekday, about 100,000 come. On weekends, almost twice as many people visit.
The meal is very simple and tasteful and why not, when hundreds of volunteers gather to prepare the food ,listening to the hyms being recited in the complex.
For the complete blog pls visit this link.
Photo credits: Gaurav Masand.
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking