Sell the rights
I am just thinking of enabling the SR-EL feature for some of my images.
Before I do so I would like to discuss some questions with you.
First: Is it a good idea for a part-timer (name it: hobbyist) like me to enable the SR-feature in general?
Second: What is the right price for "sell the rights"? The recommended amount or a higher/lower one?
Third: Does it make sense to have the same price for SR-EL1, SR-EL3 and SR-EL?
My answers to this questions are:
First: I think, one SR-sale (regardless if SR-EL, SR-EL1, SR-EL3) will earn me more money than any given image will bring via the other licenses for a long time. On the other hand, after a SR-EL sale the given image won't bring any earnings forever.
Second: I don't have any clue on formation on prices or how much any given image is worth.
Third: From a buyers point of view I would ask me why I should pay the same amount of money for an image, that I will own forever or only one respective three years. Or, with other words: if I am only allowed to use any given image for one or three years exclusively I would like to pay less than I would pay for an image that I can use forever in an exclusive manner.
Conclusion: SR makes sense generally, prices should differ between SR-EL, SR-EL1 and SR-EL3.
These are my thoughts, what are yours?
Photo credits: Cristalloid.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People