Shipwrecked - Team Vestas Wind - Volvo Ocean Race
A few weeks ago I had press accreditation for the Volvo Ocean Race start in Alicante Spain. Over ten days I took over 7,000 photos.
The highlight of the week for me was being invited aboard Team Vestas Wind and the chance to meet the crew. All of the crew members that I met spoke to me as if I were a good friend of theirs.
I did not imagine what was going to happen to the boat and crew a few weeks later, or the importance of the abandon ship list that I took a photo of.
Unfortunately in the darkness of Saturday night the boat hit a reef in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The order was given to abandon ship and at present all the crew are safe and are waiting on a remote island to be rescued.
Photo credits: Steve Guest.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images