Shipwrecked - Team Vestas Wind - Volvo Ocean Race
A few weeks ago I had press accreditation for the Volvo Ocean Race start in Alicante Spain. Over ten days I took over 7,000 photos.
The highlight of the week for me was being invited aboard Team Vestas Wind and the chance to meet the crew. All of the crew members that I met spoke to me as if I were a good friend of theirs.
I did not imagine what was going to happen to the boat and crew a few weeks later, or the importance of the abandon ship list that I took a photo of.
Unfortunately in the darkness of Saturday night the boat hit a reef in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The order was given to abandon ship and at present all the crew are safe and are waiting on a remote island to be rescued.
Photo credits: Steve Guest.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People