Today I'd like to share why I like to shoot editorials.
Editorial can be any sort of meaningful event image - national holidays celebration, parade, sports game or show programme, sometimes - a landmark with people or just a street scene typical for some place.
This sort of images can't be used in adverticement, but this I'd say is their only minus. The rest are just pluces, because:
- Editorial images make portfolio more diverse.
- They let you upload people's portraits without having model release.
- Sometimes you can get a 5$ reward for news-worthy image.
- And have good sales potencial, due to uniqueness of events. Microstocks are not flooded with same sort of editorial images the way they are flooded let's say with business concepts, food or isolated objects where the competition is really tough and it's hard to get visible in search no matter how good or bad your picture is.
- After approval editorial pictures are for a while showed on first page which in general gives your portfolio better explosure.
Photo credits: Julia161.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo