I like to shoot outside. To my mind it's much more intresting than studio work. But I have some doubts: is it good for stock? Then I desided to look at microstock top selling images and I can say that there are a lot of images made outdoors, on location, at the beach, in park or forest and so on...
Just a simple example
Best image at DT for keyword "outdoors" has nearly 2 times more sales than for search "studio"
Now why I like shooting outside?
1. First of all it's natural lightning. It can be so different depending on day time and weather conditions. Sometimes it can give your photo some intresting effect, sometimes just good lightning for portrait or view. Just try, shoot and experiment and yuo'll get intresting pictures. For example my image has the biggest amount of view in transportation submission: more than 400 for 10 days)) but no sales(( maybe it's not enough stock image?...
2. The second point is large number of objects for shooting and themes. You can shoot landscapes (river, lakes, seas, mountains, parks, forests and others), some macro pictures with flowers, insects, you can shoot animals, but it seems to be not stock theme, except single photographers))
And finally you can shoot people. It's an inexhaustible field for creation. So many themes, so many places, especially in summer.. Just turn on your fantasy, take your camera, model and start making pictures))
Some images from outdoor photosessions (here is only a little part, because a lot of pictures are still in pending que))))
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer