I'd like to show you some pictures taken on the island of Sicily and Aeolian (Lipari) Islands, which are located in the north of Sicily. First, I want to talk a little bit about Sicily. You can visit there the mount Etna - the largest volcano in Europe. It reaches the height of about 3350 m. a.s.l. It can be considered to be the most active volcano in the world. You can go on a hike or use a cable way and then a vehicle, which brings you up. If you are lucky, you will have a wonderful view of the volcano and the island. In the other case, there will be a lot of clouds, which will make your view more difficult.
Of course, you shouldn't miss sight-seeings in cities of Syracuses, Palermo and Taormina.
I like hiking, so I visited the Aeolian Islands to hike a volcano on the island of Vulcano:) There are 7 main islands that form the Lipari Islands: Lipari, Salina, Vulcano, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi and Alicudi. You can smell a sulphur fume on Vulcano because of the volcanic activity. There can be a danger of intoxication if you go right into the fume and stay there for a long time. You can try a natural sulphur bath in a yellow lake made by nature. It should have the therapeutic effect on the rheumatic disorders or skin diseases, but I didn't try it because of the smell:)
If you are about to go to Sicily, you will definitely have a fun there. I can only recommend this island to you!
Photo credits: Roman Zaremba.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays