Simple picture brings great satisfaction
Imagine my surprise a few days ago when I opened my Dreamstime account and my earnings balance was 180 dollars higher then the previous day! It was not hard to figure out what had happened: it was my first "SR-EL" sale.
The picture I've just sold the rights for presents a red leather wallet with the swiss cross on and some swiss cash inside it.
The story behind it is simple: one day, a friend of my mother from Switzerland came to visit her. I was around as well and, because I had never seen swiss money before, I asked her if she has some to show to me. The next second I thought that those colourful money and the red wallet would make a good picture. And I was right, they did!
I took the picture in my old room, using only the sunlight and a white paper underneath. Few days after, when I had a little spare time, I cropped it using photoshop. Afterwords, I placed it on a white background.
One month later, just before Christmas, this picture brought me 180 dollars.
So, sometimes, the simplest pictures bring great satisfaction.
Photo credits: Petrina Calabalic.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings