Simple picture brings great satisfaction
Imagine my surprise a few days ago when I opened my Dreamstime account and my earnings balance was 180 dollars higher then the previous day! It was not hard to figure out what had happened: it was my first "SR-EL" sale.
The picture I've just sold the rights for presents a red leather wallet with the swiss cross on and some swiss cash inside it.
The story behind it is simple: one day, a friend of my mother from Switzerland came to visit her. I was around as well and, because I had never seen swiss money before, I asked her if she has some to show to me. The next second I thought that those colourful money and the red wallet would make a good picture. And I was right, they did!
I took the picture in my old room, using only the sunlight and a white paper underneath. Few days after, when I had a little spare time, I cropped it using photoshop. Afterwords, I placed it on a white background.
One month later, just before Christmas, this picture brought me 180 dollars.
So, sometimes, the simplest pictures bring great satisfaction.
Photo credits: Petrina Calabalic.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips