Singapore National Orchid Garden
I love orchids.
Depending on the species and hybrids, they can be elegant, exotic, flamboyant, stylish, demure, the list goes on.
One of the best places to enjoy these beautiful flowers is at the Singapore National Orchid Garden, which is located within the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Sometime in the 1920s, a orchid breeding program was started by the Singapore Botanic Gardens. Since then more than 500 gardens hybrids were registered with the International Registration Authority for Orchid Hybrids, which is administered by the Royal Horticultural Society.
It is also at the National Orchid Garden, which sits on three hectares of carefully landscaped land, that the result of the program is displayed in their full splendor.
Photo credits: Kheng1987.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings