Small Trend for Me
I've noticed a trend that seems to be taking shape for me. Instead of getting lots of smaller sales through subscriptions or just random sales, I seem to be getting fewer but bigger, higher revenue sales in recent months.
This is neither a good or bad thing. It seems to mostly be averaging out to about the same as my usual mix of sales, but I just thought it was interesting.
I'm wondering if it's just that my portfolio is getting older on this site, which results in more older, higher level photos getting purchased anyway, or if this is something others are noticing recently, too.
I seem to be going more days without sales (which is unusual for me), but when I do get one, it's more likely to be a higher revenue sale in the $3-$4 range, which is great to see. Either way, I'm happy to be earning money with my photos, but I find trends like this to be interesting to watch. Now that I've posted this though, it will probably shift back the other way!
Photo credits: Caroline Klapper.
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs
- Tip of the week: 8 GIMP newbie tips
- Why I love Norfolk