The smell of the harvest
Somewhere I've read that one thing that stays with us as a memory is our smell. I remember as a child my mother did a lot of canning each fall. She would harvest the cucumbers and dill and start the pickle brine. It wouldn't take long and you could smell the brine through the whole house.
And now I am lucky enough that my wife enjoys canning.
We pick all the cucumbers and she turns them into pickles.
The smell of that brine takes me back to my childhood and I see mom with her apron on canning those pickles.
Makes the mouth water.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays