The smell of the harvest
Somewhere I've read that one thing that stays with us as a memory is our smell. I remember as a child my mother did a lot of canning each fall. She would harvest the cucumbers and dill and start the pickle brine. It wouldn't take long and you could smell the brine through the whole house.
And now I am lucky enough that my wife enjoys canning.
We pick all the cucumbers and she turns them into pickles.
The smell of that brine takes me back to my childhood and I see mom with her apron on canning those pickles.
Makes the mouth water.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project