The smell of the harvest
Somewhere I've read that one thing that stays with us as a memory is our smell. I remember as a child my mother did a lot of canning each fall. She would harvest the cucumbers and dill and start the pickle brine. It wouldn't take long and you could smell the brine through the whole house.
And now I am lucky enough that my wife enjoys canning.
We pick all the cucumbers and she turns them into pickles.
The smell of that brine takes me back to my childhood and I see mom with her apron on canning those pickles.
Makes the mouth water.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road
- On the road - Flying high
- Endless editorial possibilities on your trip
- Have the perfect plan while you are on the road
- An Easy Way to Flatten Those Curves You Sometimes Get With Merging Software
- Love and Quarrels