The smell of the harvest
Somewhere I've read that one thing that stays with us as a memory is our smell. I remember as a child my mother did a lot of canning each fall. She would harvest the cucumbers and dill and start the pickle brine. It wouldn't take long and you could smell the brine through the whole house.
And now I am lucky enough that my wife enjoys canning.
We pick all the cucumbers and she turns them into pickles.
The smell of that brine takes me back to my childhood and I see mom with her apron on canning those pickles.
Makes the mouth water.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?