Smiles and miles
Couple of years ago, in Bonn, feeling lonely in a strange city and also coping with a personal loss, I decided to go to the botanical garden.
I happened to find a corner seat - after my walk-with pretty flowers all around, bathed in the warm glow of sunset, reminding me how soothing nature is.
There were some people in the park, many whom I thought to be regulars, taking their walks, spending time together...
Lost in my thoughts, I happened to glance up to find a gentle pair of blue eyes smiling at me. There was this old man, stooped, with a walking stick, who stood by my seat and smiled at me.
Even to stop by me, interrupting his routine of slow steps must have cost him effort, because he was leaning on his cane, breathing with effort, but smiling.
And then, he walked away...
All my sad thoughts disappeared into the twilight, his smile left a feeling of warmth in me, something that gave me courage to move on, appreciate the little joys in our lives...
Since then, I have been generous with my smiles.
Keep smiling :)
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco