Snow settings in the Summer? You may need them in Greece!!!
Many of us know how tricky it is to photograph snow on sunny days. The bright light and the pure white of the snow can easily through your camera’s auto exposure functions off. Believe it or not, you will be facing the same problem if you happen to be visiting one of the Greek islands in the Cyclades, such as Santorini, Ios, Mykonos etc. The pure white of the traditional
Cycladic homes under the bright Greek summer sun will be causing your camera the same problems as winter snow!!!
If you happen to be visiting the Greek island this summer, here are some tips to be able to capture the pure white colors of these gorgeous homes:
•Try to use a slower ISO speed
•Drop exposure by 1 to 2 stops to avoid the homes showing gray instead of white
•Try bracketing! (almost a must)
•Pay attention to your white balance.
Hope this helps and hope to see you at our beautiful islands this summer.
Photo credits: Pavlos Rekas.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget