Social Media: Are we on the Edge of a New Market for Images?
Meanwhile we are terrified with the escalation of piracy and finding tons of cooyrights inflingements around the web, we wonder if this industry has a future or if we are on a sinking boat.
I will start first analysing us compared to the audio and movie industry.
The first major diference is the market. Our images are mainly sold to the corporate market, they use it for advertising, posting information in magazines, newspapers, etc...
Now the music and audio industry is focused on the end customer, those people buy CDs, DVDs and Blurays, listen to the radio or go to the movies paying royalties.
Now, what we are seeing with this social media, is an exponential increase of images being shared, you pin your image in pinterest and immediately its repinned through tons of other boards, you post it on facebook and people you havent heard for ages shows up from nowhere, like it, comment it and share it to some other people you dont know.
We just need the tools to make it happen.
Thank you all for your time and your comments on the subject will be highly appreciated.
All about color
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.