A while back, I somehow stumbled upon the fact that there was a need for high quality images of solar panels. I live in East Texas and there's plenty of oil and gas activity in this part of the country.
They come into an area, clear it of trees and other vegetation, and drill a well. When they're done with the actual drilling process, they leave behind a well-head and some equipment. The equipment obviously runs off of battery power, and they use solar panels to charge the batteries.
Anyway, I've enjoyed taking pictures of solar panels and these are a few of mine that have been well received. I love the vivid blue colors and crisp details.
I reckon that interest in climate change and renewable energy sources helps account for some of the downloads on these images.
Photo credits: David Watts Jr..
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror