A while back, I somehow stumbled upon the fact that there was a need for high quality images of solar panels. I live in East Texas and there's plenty of oil and gas activity in this part of the country.
They come into an area, clear it of trees and other vegetation, and drill a well. When they're done with the actual drilling process, they leave behind a well-head and some equipment. The equipment obviously runs off of battery power, and they use solar panels to charge the batteries.
Anyway, I've enjoyed taking pictures of solar panels and these are a few of mine that have been well received. I love the vivid blue colors and crisp details.
I reckon that interest in climate change and renewable energy sources helps account for some of the downloads on these images.
Photo credits: David Watts Jr..
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles