Something you might look at but miss always
This is really possible and please do not say I made a big topic. :-P There are lots of things we look at everyday but never noticed its meaning inside!
Let's look into the below picture which shows you one of the pair of Hua Biao.
The obelisk marble columns engraved with entwining dragons and clouds. This kind of ornamental architecture is called Hua Biao. However, have you ever noticed its top??? Allow me to show you another picture with more close-up details.
The lion-like creature superimposed on top of the Hua Biao column is called a Hou. According to legend, it is a Heavenly Dog whose duty it is to maintain order in the cosmos. The Hou stands on a dew-collecting tray under which there is a stylized cloud that symbolizes the delineation between Heaven from Earth.
The writhing dragon on the Hua Biao represents the imperial power of the Son of Heaven, or emperor. The eight-sided pedestal symbolizes the solid foundations of the earth. On the top of the railings there are a number of creatures called Suan Ni, or children of the dragon, a symbol of imperial good fortune.
So, you see, there is really something we missed for quite a long time, right? :-) Have fun, buddies!
Photo credits: Huijie Li.
- Tip of the week: How to be more visible to buyers
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience