The Spambots Found Me
For about 3 years, I have used one particular emal address for online purchases, like those from major retailers. The address was also used for a few email newsletters, like one from an architecture news site I favor. Well, all was going along well with this address until recently. It seems the maibots have found me. I am now starting to get the junk mail fof the Verify Your Bank Account Immediately variety, along with the usual lot of spammers and scammers. The source? I think a political site in the USA where I stupidly signed up for a newsletter using that address. Luckily, my private and primary email is still secure.
So what happens next? Well, I'll see how bad it gets. If I get bombarded again, I'll slowly shift my online commerce identities to a new address. What an exercise in sheer frustration, and a complete wast of time, trying to clear this junk out everyday. I abhor these entities that prey on unknowing people. Share your junk mail stories if you like!
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget