The Spambots Found Me
For about 3 years, I have used one particular emal address for online purchases, like those from major retailers. The address was also used for a few email newsletters, like one from an architecture news site I favor. Well, all was going along well with this address until recently. It seems the maibots have found me. I am now starting to get the junk mail fof the Verify Your Bank Account Immediately variety, along with the usual lot of spammers and scammers. The source? I think a political site in the USA where I stupidly signed up for a newsletter using that address. Luckily, my private and primary email is still secure.
So what happens next? Well, I'll see how bad it gets. If I get bombarded again, I'll slowly shift my online commerce identities to a new address. What an exercise in sheer frustration, and a complete wast of time, trying to clear this junk out everyday. I abhor these entities that prey on unknowing people. Share your junk mail stories if you like!
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities