Sparks of Inspiration!
How many times have you been on deadline for a project and you have no new ideas, sparks of inspiration…NOTHING! Sometimes, it is not enough to look through your favorite magazines or visit your favorite blogs for ideas. You need something completely out of the box to get your ideas flowing. Recently, I found myself in this situation. Desperately in need of some new or revamped ideas, I became an observer of people. I love watching and listening to people. The lunchtime crowd is my favorite. Watching what people wear and how they mix colors together can be rather inspiring and good for a few laughs. I have seen unusual combinations of patterns I would never normally pair together myself. Overheard snippets of conversations can be just the spark you need to start a new project. People watching is very effective if you learn to be a good observer. There is a wealth of creative inspiration just waiting to be found out.
Acknowledge your hunches. Hunches can lead to some pretty good ideas, but if you are not prepared to record them, you can lose them as fast as they come. Carry a notebook with you at all times and write your hunches down. Those hunches, that seem unimportant at the time, can lead to some amazing ideas. I hope these ideas help you to jump start your creativity and to get it going when you need it the most. As long as we do not forget we are already creative, creativity will come easily to us.
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips