Spring 2014 - Dreamstime
I have always thought that summer is my favorite season. I love the warmth and long days. This year, however, the emergence of spring is a long-awaited event. Our extremely cold long winter has made me feel like I live in the arctic tundra. Just over 1 week ago we had wind chills of -20 degrees and now 40's and 50's. What a change in such a short period, but a very welcome change.
Signs of spring are beginning to pop up all around. The snow is almost gone, little bits of green can be seen in pastures and yards and baby chickens have arrived at the local farm store! We live in the country so each year our children are so excited to purchase their baby chicks to raise. The chicks are a reminder that spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner. I took the opportunity to photograph some of the chicks for my DT portfolio.
I have many more ideas on photos when spring gets in full swing and can tell you the anticipation of taking some beautiful outdoor shots that include colors other than white and brown, which is all I have seen since last fall, is killing me!
So, maybe summer is my favorite season but spring is definately the most anticipated season! Happy shooting to all!!
Photo credits: Iheartcountryphoto.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images