Around Central Oregon, in every park and picnic area, you'll find squirrels. Not just any squirrels; specifically golden-mantled ground squirrels. They're curious, bold, and adorable beggars. ...and they will pose for you... (with no model release required!) Yes, they look like chipmunks, but they are larger (and usually fatter!)
As testament to their proliferation, I took these photos at Sawyer State Park, Tumalo State Park, and at the top of Lava Butte in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument area, all within ten miles of Bend, Oregon.
I've taken dozens of close-up photos of these appealing rodents and, although none have yet sold,
Photo credits: Dana Kenneth Johnson.
All about color
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success