Around Central Oregon, in every park and picnic area, you'll find squirrels. Not just any squirrels; specifically golden-mantled ground squirrels. They're curious, bold, and adorable beggars. ...and they will pose for you... (with no model release required!) Yes, they look like chipmunks, but they are larger (and usually fatter!)
As testament to their proliferation, I took these photos at Sawyer State Park, Tumalo State Park, and at the top of Lava Butte in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument area, all within ten miles of Bend, Oregon.
I've taken dozens of close-up photos of these appealing rodents and, although none have yet sold,
Photo credits: Dana Kenneth Johnson.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget