Around Central Oregon, in every park and picnic area, you'll find squirrels. Not just any squirrels; specifically golden-mantled ground squirrels. They're curious, bold, and adorable beggars. ...and they will pose for you... (with no model release required!) Yes, they look like chipmunks, but they are larger (and usually fatter!)
As testament to their proliferation, I took these photos at Sawyer State Park, Tumalo State Park, and at the top of Lava Butte in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument area, all within ten miles of Bend, Oregon.
I've taken dozens of close-up photos of these appealing rodents and, although none have yet sold,
Photo credits: Dana Kenneth Johnson.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror