Stock or personal photos?
For example, my last four sales are split between shots I took for the shot (personal), and shots I took for stock specifically. The brick wall and street sweeper being ones I wouldn't haven taken for my own use, and the New York and Victoria shots being ones I took for myself, without the thought of stock sales.
I'm taking away two things from this:
1. Taking shots specifically for stock is turning into sales.
2. Shots that appeal to me personally have some sales value as well - in other words taking the shots I enjoy taking is worth doing for both personal reasons AND stock sales!
Don't take this to mean I don't enjoy taking the shots specifically for selling - I'm just happy that both have turned out to be rewarding!
Which do you focus on - stock specific or more personal shots?
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)