Stone Sculptures of Western Madhya Pradesh, India - Dreamstime
Madhya Pradesh is the Central Indian state of India. It has very old history of ancient civilisation and culture. Many parts of Western Madhya Pradesh which includes Narmada Valley, Nimar and Malwa areas once very in the stone arts.
Stone Sculptures of later Buddhist era and idols from 5th Century AD found at various places of Mandsour, Kasrawad, Harsud, Mandav etc.
Stone idols of Jain and Hindu deities of found at Hinglajgarh area during excavation which belongs to 9th Century AD to 12 Century AD.
Idols of Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Garud, Vaghdevi are the prominent ones.
Photo credits: Shariqkhan.
- Puppy Adoption Photography: Traelin
- Expert tips to visually elevate your business
- Tip of the week: Easily create isometric designs without touching 3d software
- Location Spotlight: Mitchelville Beach, Hilton Head Island
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots