How's the weather where you live? I had a great summer until the dry weather and heat hit for 3 weeks in August and then guess what..........
It wasn't as bad as Ivan but 13 inches in a 24 hour period is a lot for the dams to handle. The lakes south of us really needed the rain so they will get all we can give to them! Our lakes generate power and we supply the Savannah River Basin which wasn't as dry as the other side of the state but some were in need. Landscapes are hurting and businesses that depend on such things are slow. The crops had a shorter season unless they could be irrigated, however, it's still not as good as rain. Now, another storm is on the way and I hope all of you in the path will take precautions. DO NOT take your camera to the roof and try for the shot of a lifetime or your lifetime may be shot!
I'm not excited about being able to get more unique photos and we do still need more rain for the lakes and waterfalls, but if it would just spread out so as to do good with no damage is my hope. Good Luck to all in the path!
Photo credits: Susan Leggett.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco