Good day fellow photographers…
On submission of my first Blog "HOORAY 100 Images selected, but no sales :0(" I have received many kind responses and many thought provoking ones as well, thanks again to all. But now onto one of those thoughts, in my last response I mentioned that I would like to use the assignments as a means to challenge my photography, diversity and build a portfolio outside of my usual wildlife submissions. This got me to thinking, and if DT management/editors are in agreement, why don’t the submitters to DT, by means of open blog articles come up with ideas/themes for additional challenges to other photographers that read the blogs? By this I mean the same theoretically as the assignment submissions to the DT assignments, but in open submissions to normal RF uploads...Photographers can post their ID in the blog and after a month the images with most downloads/views is the winner. No prizes, the chance to challenge oneself with the ideas of other submitters and ultimately, no harm done as it will boost portfolios, exposure to DT and maybe ultimately for all, SALES!!!
DT Management, your comments please, is this suggestion out of line? The name as a means to reference/control to where submitters would respond with ID etc, to could be Submitters Comptition_followed by name of theme i.e. Submitters Competition_Architecture, these submissions can then be added to a collection once the submissions have begun?
Photo credits: Fultonsphoto.
- Read my blog, see the globe
- Barn Swallow Nest-building Photography
- A Beautiful Find: Scarlet Snake
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 56 - Eurasian Teal
- 5 Great Examples of Logo Stock Photos for Branding Your New Business
- Using Fire Stock Photos to Ignite Your Marketing Efforts
- Make your Home Services Website Stand Out with House Stock Photos
- 10 Tips for Food Photography