Subscriptions? Yes, thank you!
Sometimes I happen to read posts on the Message Boards talking about subscriptions and the disappointment of seeing your own image sold at only 0.30$ or 0.36$. I always consider every sale with satisfaction, like a personal success – my picture was chosen among 3.000.000 of images online! From this point of view it doesn’t matter if it’s a “normal” sale or a subscription.
I sold many images via subscription and I want to point out the usefulness of these sales with an example.
This illustration is online from 23rd of November 2007. It became level 2 the 14th of April 2008 thanks to subscriptions too. From then I sold it 7 times:
16th of April 1.20$
17th of April 1.20$
23rd of April 3.00$
25th of April 1.80$
29th of April 1.80$
6th of May 0.36$
20th of May 1.80$
So... The “moral” ;-) is: subscriptions are useful also to reach a higher image level, and consequently more sales and more earnings...
Photo credits: Roberto Giovannini.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava