Want to earn extra cash? Try suggesting keywords for existing photos on Dreamstime. But wait, the pay out is $0.02 per accepted image suggestions!! Not much of an incentive.
But there are other reasons that may make it worthwhile.
1. It is a positive way to spend time while waiting for your submissions to upload.
2. It gives an opportunity to learn new keywords for your own submissions.
3. It can help non-English speaking photographers get more views and possibly more sales.
4. It can give a sense of "belonging" to the Dreamstime community.
5. It can help get more views to your own portfolio if the subject and keywords are similar.
Since I have a limited subject in my portfolio, I often browse the "competition" and have become able to recognize contributors' name who often submit similar pictures. I look for those with many sales and read their keywords in hopes that I may find the ones that could make an impact on my submissions.
In doing so, I occasionally click on a photo with very few keywords. Since I am familiar with the subject, I can quickly suggest some.
I do not make a huge effort to keyword lots of photos, but find it a pleasant way to help someone who may be new or struggles with English. If I had to keyword in another language, I'd be lucky to have any words at all!!
Anyway, those two cents can add up.
Photo credits: Dbajurin.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget