Want to earn extra cash? Try suggesting keywords for existing photos on Dreamstime. But wait, the pay out is $0.02 per accepted image suggestions!! Not much of an incentive.
But there are other reasons that may make it worthwhile.
1. It is a positive way to spend time while waiting for your submissions to upload.
2. It gives an opportunity to learn new keywords for your own submissions.
3. It can help non-English speaking photographers get more views and possibly more sales.
4. It can give a sense of "belonging" to the Dreamstime community.
5. It can help get more views to your own portfolio if the subject and keywords are similar.
Since I have a limited subject in my portfolio, I often browse the "competition" and have become able to recognize contributors' name who often submit similar pictures. I look for those with many sales and read their keywords in hopes that I may find the ones that could make an impact on my submissions.
In doing so, I occasionally click on a photo with very few keywords. Since I am familiar with the subject, I can quickly suggest some.
I do not make a huge effort to keyword lots of photos, but find it a pleasant way to help someone who may be new or struggles with English. If I had to keyword in another language, I'd be lucky to have any words at all!!
Anyway, those two cents can add up.
Photo credits: Dbajurin.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project
- Turning an ordinary shoot plan into a great one
- Death Valley National Park - The hottest place on earth and the lowest point in North America