Want to earn extra cash? Try suggesting keywords for existing photos on Dreamstime. But wait, the pay out is $0.02 per accepted image suggestions!! Not much of an incentive.
But there are other reasons that may make it worthwhile.
1. It is a positive way to spend time while waiting for your submissions to upload.
2. It gives an opportunity to learn new keywords for your own submissions.
3. It can help non-English speaking photographers get more views and possibly more sales.
4. It can give a sense of "belonging" to the Dreamstime community.
5. It can help get more views to your own portfolio if the subject and keywords are similar.
Since I have a limited subject in my portfolio, I often browse the "competition" and have become able to recognize contributors' name who often submit similar pictures. I look for those with many sales and read their keywords in hopes that I may find the ones that could make an impact on my submissions.
In doing so, I occasionally click on a photo with very few keywords. Since I am familiar with the subject, I can quickly suggest some.
I do not make a huge effort to keyword lots of photos, but find it a pleasant way to help someone who may be new or struggles with English. If I had to keyword in another language, I'd be lucky to have any words at all!!
Anyway, those two cents can add up.
Related image searches
Comunity related image searches
Photo credits: Dbajurin.