Sunny Spring Days - Dreamstime
It's a beautifully bright and sunny day today where I am. The sun is casting a lovely yellow light on the buildings whilst clouds are floating by in a beautiful blue sky.
It is days like this when photography really does translate as 'painting with light'. Not only does sunlight seem to bring things to life photographically, in Spring the increasing light brings them to life literally.
Overcast days provide a diffuse light that adds a bluey colour to any objects photographed and whilst they can always be changed in photoshop you cannot escape the absence of shadows that are a tell-tale sign that the Sun was 'hiding' when the image was taken.
Sunlight also changes the mood of everything and everyone it touches, whether indoors or outside.
I know there are many photographers that love cloudy days as it allows images to be seen without the highly contrasting shadows of direct sunlight, but I for one am glad to know that the gloomy days of Winter are coming to an end and we have many sunny days of Spring, Summer and even Autumn ahead of us in which to photograph the world around us.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images