As I browse through this site and try to improve my skills in stock photography, I realize a lot of the most popular photos are not really photos at all. But rather a concept that was converted into a photo by combining a few photos together in photo editing software. These photos generally have a big impact even viewing in thumbnail size and are "Surreal" Below are some of what I'm mentioning.
Surrealism is defined as from dictionary.com "a of art and literature developed principally in the 20th century, stressing the subconscious or nonrational significance of imagery arrived at by automatism or the exploitation of chance effects, unexpected juxtapositions, etc." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/surrealism
And I think developers are looking for this because it catches the eye of the consumer.
So I tried my hands at a few.
Probably not as good as some online here but I'm happy with the results.
I hope this is useful.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media