As I browse through this site and try to improve my skills in stock photography, I realize a lot of the most popular photos are not really photos at all. But rather a concept that was converted into a photo by combining a few photos together in photo editing software. These photos generally have a big impact even viewing in thumbnail size and are "Surreal" Below are some of what I'm mentioning.
Surrealism is defined as from dictionary.com "a of art and literature developed principally in the 20th century, stressing the subconscious or nonrational significance of imagery arrived at by automatism or the exploitation of chance effects, unexpected juxtapositions, etc." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/surrealism
And I think developers are looking for this because it catches the eye of the consumer.
So I tried my hands at a few.
Probably not as good as some online here but I'm happy with the results.
I hope this is useful.
- 12 tips to make your journey photogenic
- Best road trip destinations around the world
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road