Tagging is Everything
A lot of times when I visit Dreamstime, I don't exactly know what I'm looking for. And I don't want to wade through twenty-thousand photos in order to find the perfect one. Getting your picture in front of the buyer's eyes comes down to good tagging.Straight to Hell. But I never would have found it if not for the tags attached to it.
To find this picture, I entered two random words 'romance' and 'fire' and this is what popped up. I could have spent hours looking for a photo like this without finding it. Sure, the photo was tagged with the obvious word 'eye', but it was the 'romance' tag that brought it to my attention.
My advice is, when you tag, go beyond the obvious. Try using unusual adjectives like 'sinister' or 'empathy' or 'critical'. Your customers are using word association to find the perfect picture, and you should too! Not every search is concrete. Sometimes, customers are looking for a mood or a theme as much as they are for a particular object.
Window shopping on Dreamstime can be a lot of fun, but it can also take a lot of time. Time that not everyone has. Good tagging will help them find you!
Photo credits: Trombax.
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster
- 5 Helpful Tips for using Mac Photo