Taking the final step to my dreams! - Dreamstime
After taking slow and erratic steps into this wonderful world of photography and after seven years of determination I have finally decided to leave the financial comfort of my "real job" and dedicate myself in full to photography and I cannot express the wonderful free feeling that I have!!! After finally leaving a personal relationship over 2 years ago that kept my personality suppressed and having worked for others always and other peoples ideas and commands for many years too, the feeling of freedom is just amazing. Along side comes fears, responsibility and insecurities but I wash them a way with my new found future :)
I think this was one of my first selling images, the actual first I have deactivated some time ago! Taken with my point and shoot on automatic and by the looks of it with a pop up flash....and I treasure it!
(Husband not home etc...Long story not for forums) had one full time job and coached at gym clubs and dance clubs too so have never found much time to shoot, retouch and upload. I was looking for more financial security as a means of escape from a relationship that financially I was tied to and thanks to stock I have now achieved :D
I know I joined when it was easier to get into stock but I am proof that if you follow your dreams and do your homework (practical and theory) you can do and become what you want.
Photo credits: Godfer.
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you