Taking the time to get it right
This is my 7th month uploading photos to Dreamstime and this month has been my best acceptance rate to date, 72.7. Over the last 7 months I have learned a lot from my accepted photos, 63 to date, and even more from my rejected files, 89 to date.
After 7 months I have entered what I call the "Taking the time to get it right" phase. My acceptance rate dipped below 40% last month and was on a downward trend. Knowing that a low acceptance rate could hurt me in the future as I try and upload more and more photos I decided to turn it around.
I find myself being more critical of my work and spending more time choosing the right photo for an upload where as in the beginning I would upload just about anything I thought looked decent.
I have also found that looking at other contributors portfolios helps me decide which of my photos to upload.
I may not be able grow my portfolio as quick as I wanted but I do feel that taking the time to critically review each photo and learn from the rejections has made me a better photographer.
Here are my latest uploads for this month all from my summer vacation.
Photo credits: Mvogel.
How to shoot events
- Pet Rescue Photography: Otis
- Chess ... what a passion!
- Professional Caption For Event Photography
- Tips on media filling
- Body parts in photography
- 10 cleanest cities in the world for the year 2018 which attracted many tourists and photographers
- Location Spotlight: Anna Ruby Falls, Georgia
- Tip of the Week: When is a model release required?