Tamu Losar celebrated in Nepal
Tamu is another name of Gurung community of Nepal and Losar means New Year. Tamu Losar is celebration of Gurung’s New Year.Tamu Losar is celebrated on every 15 Poush of the Nepali calendar (in December/January).Gurung men wear bhangra, a white cloth shirt-like apparel tied across the chest and open like a bag at the back (for carrying things), and a kachhad, like a short sarong or kilt. Gurung women, both children and adolescents, are seen in their maroon velvet ghalek (blouses), enhanced by large gold earrings and semi-precious stone necklaces.
This year as well Gurungs from across the country celebrated Tamu Losar in Tundikhel,Kathmandu on 30th December 2011 on Friday by wearing traditional dresses and organizing cultural programs.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to make pictures of - cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media