Tamu Losar celebrated in Nepal
Tamu is another name of Gurung community of Nepal and Losar means New Year. Tamu Losar is celebration of Gurung’s New Year.Tamu Losar is celebrated on every 15 Poush of the Nepali calendar (in December/January).Gurung men wear bhangra, a white cloth shirt-like apparel tied across the chest and open like a bag at the back (for carrying things), and a kachhad, like a short sarong or kilt. Gurung women, both children and adolescents, are seen in their maroon velvet ghalek (blouses), enhanced by large gold earrings and semi-precious stone necklaces.
This year as well Gurungs from across the country celebrated Tamu Losar in Tundikhel,Kathmandu on 30th December 2011 on Friday by wearing traditional dresses and organizing cultural programs.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to