Tamu Losar celebrated in Nepal
Tamu is another name of Gurung community of Nepal and Losar means New Year. Tamu Losar is celebration of Gurung’s New Year.Tamu Losar is celebrated on every 15 Poush of the Nepali calendar (in December/January).Gurung men wear bhangra, a white cloth shirt-like apparel tied across the chest and open like a bag at the back (for carrying things), and a kachhad, like a short sarong or kilt. Gurung women, both children and adolescents, are seen in their maroon velvet ghalek (blouses), enhanced by large gold earrings and semi-precious stone necklaces.
This year as well Gurungs from across the country celebrated Tamu Losar in Tundikhel,Kathmandu on 30th December 2011 on Friday by wearing traditional dresses and organizing cultural programs.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)