Targets, Targets and more Targets!
Being a relative newcomer to stock photography, I joined DT in July 18th 2009. It was a little daunting to look at peoples portfolios and see hundreds or even thousands of images on-line.
I decided I had to set targets if I was to make any progress. My first target was to get my photographs accepted.
Well that creates it’s own problems, what one stock agency will except another might reject. It’s confusing! One thing I have had to except is that not all my photographs are good enough, and because I like them, that does not make them stock material. Rejection is something I have had to get used to, but more and more often my images are being accepted.
That brings me to my next target, making a sale. I think I was quite lucky and the first sale came after only a few days.
That was nice but after the initial sale I needed a new target. This was the big one for me. Get 50 images accepted and that will make it possible for me to enter the competitions.
This was number 50
I made it today and I am pleased that I now have a relatively good selection of images on-line. (I hope)Who knows what the next target will be, but I am sure it will be fun getting there.
Photo credits: James Mcquarrie.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images