Targets, Targets and more Targets!
Being a relative newcomer to stock photography, I joined DT in July 18th 2009. It was a little daunting to look at peoples portfolios and see hundreds or even thousands of images on-line.
I decided I had to set targets if I was to make any progress. My first target was to get my photographs accepted.
Well that creates it’s own problems, what one stock agency will except another might reject. It’s confusing! One thing I have had to except is that not all my photographs are good enough, and because I like them, that does not make them stock material. Rejection is something I have had to get used to, but more and more often my images are being accepted.
That brings me to my next target, making a sale. I think I was quite lucky and the first sale came after only a few days.
That was nice but after the initial sale I needed a new target. This was the big one for me. Get 50 images accepted and that will make it possible for me to enter the competitions.
This was number 50
I made it today and I am pleased that I now have a relatively good selection of images on-line. (I hope)Who knows what the next target will be, but I am sure it will be fun getting there.
Photo credits: James Mcquarrie.
All about color
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars
- Tip of the week: 5 Beginner's Tips about stock photos that sell the most
- Choosing the Right Font to Reinforce your Message