Text Messaging Mania
Attention all parents! Has anyone noticed a peculiar appendage sprouting from the palm of your preeteen/teen's hand? Well, don't phone the doctor quite yet, I've been told not to worry, its just a cell phone!
However, these youngsters are doing anything but talking!
Mine seem to be doing more text messaging than anything else! Its appears they've developed some kind of secret code or acronyms to communicate covertly with their good friends.
Has anyone ever wondered what the heck they are texting about? Below you will find a short list of some of the more popular text messaging acronyms.
Maybe this list will help uncover the mystery behind the text message code. By no means is this meant to be comprehensive or all inclusive list.
If anyone out there has more, just continue adding to the list by making a comment below! We parents need to band together during these trying times LOL! (uh-oh its contagious!) Maybe if we do, we may stand a chance at cracking the secret code! BTW in my mind would be just GR8 B4N!
1. BTW - By the way
2. BRB - Be right back
3. PIR - Parents in room
4. B4N - Bye for now
5. GR8- Great
6. IRL - In real life
7. LOL - Laughing out loud
8. LMAO- Laughing my a** off
9. OIC - Oh I see
10. STBY - Sucks to be you
11. NP- No problem
12. DILLIGAS - Do I look like I give a sh**
13. J/K- Just Kidding
14. TMI - Too much information
15. WEG - Wicked evil grin
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory
- Tip of the week: Create stunning 3d landscapes
- Film color schemes - how to use color to visually tell a story
- How to Turn a So-So Snapshot into a Stunning Photograph
- Checklist of Features for an Effective E-Commerce Website
- Humbled by Those Around Me (Food For Thought)
- Keyword Spamming - Why It's Not Such a Good Idea?