Thailand trip and newbie nerves on travel photography
I am travelling to Thailand and will be in and around Bangkok. As I have never experienced the culture of this beautiful city, can anyone provide me with a few suggestions?
One question is about locations: I understand that some areas are open to photography while others are not open to anyone taking photographs. So how about the climate of the people. Is it customary to tip or pay Thai people for allowing me to photograph them? Overall I am hoping to do my best not to offend anyone while I am there but do not want to miss any photographic opporotunities either!
I am hoping to cross into more of a documentary style as far as the faces and places of Thailand and it's amazing people.. In doing this, I am having to adjust from my style of photographing models.
I have high hopes for capturing the colors, character, and beauty of this city and the people of Thailand, any suggestions for locations, tips on culture and etiquette, and photographic equipment would be greatly appreciated! Best of luck to all of you, and really hoping to enter the Travel Photography and documentary genre of our passion....photography.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs