The Friday blog: what's the difference between pictures and photographs
Did this question ever come to your mind? What is the difference between a picture and a photograph?
I consider pictures to be all those images we take out on vacations, family reunions, meetings with friends, snapshots that don't require us to think of the composition, lighting, setup or anything else.
Photos on the other hand, are those images that need our photographic talent to be put in motion, we have to think how the lighting will be, if the subject is well lit, if the composition we chosen is harmonious, if the setup isn't too crowded or too empty or unbalanced and if the image has a powerful idea or not.
There are stock images that are so perfect exactly because they are photographic replicas of the family snapshots that anyone can take with the only exception that they are stunning.
However, no matter how perfect the photos I produce are I would never trade my friends and family pictures for them, those are the most dear to me.
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service
Related image searches
Images related image searches
Photo credits: Iofoto.