The things microstock has bought for me
So when I joined Dreamstime all the time ago ... end of 2006 ... I really did not know what to expect. My first sale came in the first week. I had the enormous portfolio of 3 images.
Right now, I only have 342 images online. It is not uncommon for me to take 140 shots in a day and only submit 1 picture. Over the years I have learned to be really picky about what I submit. And it has worked. My return per image is much higher than most photographers with thousands of images in their portfolio.
At the moment I am comfortably moving on with around $500 a month in return. I use the money to feed my habit and buy better gear. This month I have a great set of studio lights on the way.
I moved from a Canon 300D to a 30D, bought a Nikon DIH, lots of nice lenses, Mamiya medium format camera. Oh, and a set of old construction lights I used as continuous lighting. They are about to be sent to the lighting heaven.
What have you bought with you cash?
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget