The things microstock has bought for me
So when I joined Dreamstime all the time ago ... end of 2006 ... I really did not know what to expect. My first sale came in the first week. I had the enormous portfolio of 3 images.
Right now, I only have 342 images online. It is not uncommon for me to take 140 shots in a day and only submit 1 picture. Over the years I have learned to be really picky about what I submit. And it has worked. My return per image is much higher than most photographers with thousands of images in their portfolio.
At the moment I am comfortably moving on with around $500 a month in return. I use the money to feed my habit and buy better gear. This month I have a great set of studio lights on the way.
I moved from a Canon 300D to a 30D, bought a Nikon DIH, lots of nice lenses, Mamiya medium format camera. Oh, and a set of old construction lights I used as continuous lighting. They are about to be sent to the lighting heaven.
What have you bought with you cash?
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Tip of the week: Adjusting exposure in post processing
- 3 Top Secrets to help you Shoot professional Photos on your smartphone
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe