The things microstock has bought for me
So when I joined Dreamstime all the time ago ... end of 2006 ... I really did not know what to expect. My first sale came in the first week. I had the enormous portfolio of 3 images.
Right now, I only have 342 images online. It is not uncommon for me to take 140 shots in a day and only submit 1 picture. Over the years I have learned to be really picky about what I submit. And it has worked. My return per image is much higher than most photographers with thousands of images in their portfolio.
At the moment I am comfortably moving on with around $500 a month in return. I use the money to feed my habit and buy better gear. This month I have a great set of studio lights on the way.
I moved from a Canon 300D to a 30D, bought a Nikon DIH, lots of nice lenses, Mamiya medium format camera. Oh, and a set of old construction lights I used as continuous lighting. They are about to be sent to the lighting heaven.
What have you bought with you cash?
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars