Thoughts After a Year
I've been here for just over a year. Whilst I thought I'd have a bigger portfolio and better sales by now, I have enjoyed my time here and am willing to put more time and effort into getting better results.
-- Better at spotting potential 'stock' pictures in the environment
-- Improved my photoshop skills in relation to 'stock pictures.
-- Can do concepts and enjoy them when I do.
-- I haven't built up much stock with a human element.
-- Promote my work
-- To build my portfolio up to 500 pictures
-- Many ideas are still 'in the head' stage
What to do next
-- Find out how to promote my photos more and this website. Just started building 'collections'. This in itself is a very useful exercise as it gives you exposure to many ideas on on what to do in a narrow subject range i.e. Chinese Symbols.
-- I'll also investigate how to promote 'collections' on the web.
-- Do more people photography
-- Get back into concept pictures
Anyway, after a year, I'm still interested in improving and developing my portfolio. I know that I've still got a lot to learn and am determined to make my second year a much more successful year than my first year.
Photo credits: Christopher Rawlins.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava