I have been reading your blogs here almost daily. Not only do I learn from them but also I found them inspiring. I am very new here and do not have a lot of experience in ‘real’ photography. I joined for the main intention of having my work critiqued by a neutral party, vice loved ones who won’t necessarily point out my mistakes and/or don’t have the professional eyes to see them. Oh what a joy it’s been for me to have portion of my submissions accepted AND I also take delight in reading the reasons why my submissions were rejected.
I am very much inspired by your posts and comments that are very supportive of each other—what a remarkable display of community spirit we (wow, I can actually say "we") have here!
I can’t wait to experience a first download—not for the money but primarily for the sense of pride that someone actually took interest in using my work—of course the compensation comes in as a bonus since I am passionate about taking pictures anyway.
I have much, much more to learn and I feel like I’ve taken the right path in joning DT.
Keep posting your experiences, hang-ups and successes. You’ll be surprised how many newbies out there just like me are inspired, thrilled, and perhaps become success stories because of your posts!
Photo credits: Jennifer Pitiquen.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images