TO A HAPPY HEALTHY EARTH
Taking a hint from homydesign and mani in regards to celebrate tomorrow 's event of EARTH DAY april 22, 2010, I like to echo something I read of the efforts made by the Waterkeeper Alliance, the international environmental organization to promote the protection of water quality and its canadian chapter headed by a certain Mark Mattson.
I won't go into details regarding their objective, as those interested can easily google to find more information within their own countries.
In short, this organization is some kind of appointed guardian with people in their chapters actually patrolling to keep a watchful eye on polluters and pollution of the waterways (lakes, rivers, bay,etc).
It 's quite appropriate for this day as without water we are as good as dead. Simple as that.
And with this blog, I looked through my portfolio to see what images I have that will enhance this topic and this celebration to a consciousness for a happier and healthier Earth for not just all of us, but more importantly for our younger generations and their own future offsprings.
Let's keep it green, let's keep it clean. It starts with us.
Photo credits: , Tan510jomast.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco