When to Shoot for Holidays?
I definately agree with this, but at the same time dispute it. People are hungry for seasonal images both during and right before that season arrives. But, what about deadlines? Back in the spring, there was an article in a women's magazine about decorating Easter eggs. The author devoted an entire section of this article to the pain-staking process of having to look for images three seasons in advance.
For example, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanza are coming up in the next few months here in the US. Should we be planning shoots for these now? Absolutely.
But, are those the only ones we should be concerned about right now? What about New Years, Cince de Mayo, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Spring Equinox, and other spring holidays and events?
What are your thoughts?
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media