When to Shoot for Holidays?
I definately agree with this, but at the same time dispute it. People are hungry for seasonal images both during and right before that season arrives. But, what about deadlines? Back in the spring, there was an article in a women's magazine about decorating Easter eggs. The author devoted an entire section of this article to the pain-staking process of having to look for images three seasons in advance.
For example, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanza are coming up in the next few months here in the US. Should we be planning shoots for these now? Absolutely.
But, are those the only ones we should be concerned about right now? What about New Years, Cince de Mayo, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Spring Equinox, and other spring holidays and events?
What are your thoughts?
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!