Tour de France 2011
It's not very often that a major sporting event happens around this rural area of France but this year the first three days of the famous Tour de France race were very close to where I live. I was really lucky that I was able to go to the first 2 days (only 1 hour drive from home) and got some great photos.
The first day was at Mont des Alouettes, where they come up the hill to the finish line with the windmill. I stood at around 500m from the finish. There had been some accidents so they were spaced out enough to get at least a few photos.
The second day I went to Les Essarts where they were doing team trials. It was brilliant because I got to see the start and the finish.
Not only did I have 2 great days taking photos all the ones I uploaded got accepted and it really boosted my portfolio.
Photo credits: , Victoria Simmonds.
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day
- Stock Photography - 5 Secret ideas by Successful Microstockers
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bear
- Autumn is almost over.