Tracking the family history
My family history has been the subject of much debate and mystery for as long as I can remember. One side of the family came from Ireland in the 1860s to Australia. Those who had any first hand knowledge of why they left their homeland and spent months on a dirty boat going to an uncultured and distant land is only a guess. They came, using incorrect names. One ancestor even used his brother's name! Was he in shame for something he had done. Was he shunned, was there criminal aspects to his life?
Why why why?
The other side of the family is even harder to trace. All we know is my grandfather, who died in the 1950s had a German name, and he had postcards from Zeitz which appear to be from his family. They are just general chit chat and have no return address. All we have is a postmark and an approximate date.
I would love to hear from others.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror